We are committed to processing your personal information fairly and transparently. Our Privacy Notice is designed to help you understand how we collect and use your information.
DAS Lawassist is part of DAS UK Holdings Limited (DAS UK Group). The uses of your personal data by us and members of the DAS UK Group of companies are covered by our individual company registrations with the UK Information Commissioner under the Data Protection Act 1998.
You can search the Information Commissioner's public register of data controllers at www.ico.org.uk. Our data protection registration number is Z5930219.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following personal information from you or third parties:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes, but is not limited to completing forms; posting material; or requesting our services;
- If you contact us either on the telephone or in writing, we may keep a record of that correspondence and any information provided to us during that or any subsequent communication;
- Details of transactions you may carry out through our site and the processing of purchases you may make from our site.
We may collect the following non-personal information from you or third parties:
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data;
- Information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where you provide information about others (e.g. for joint applications) you must ensure that you have their consent or are otherwise entitled to provide this information to us.
Uses made of the information
We may use and share your information with other members of the DAS UK Group and third party service providers, including those whose products or services are included on our website, for the following purposes:
- Providing a quote or processing your purchase of a policy or other service;
- Managing and administering products and services that we supply including underwriting, reinsurance, claims handling and providing legal advice and services;
- Administering debt recoveries;
- Prevention and detection of crime or for the apprehension or prosecution of offenders, or where necessary to safeguard national security, including compliance with the international sanctions regime;
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- Ensuring that content from this site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- Conducting customer satisfaction surveys;
- Allowing you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- Notifying you about changes to our service;
- Helping us to develop new and innovative products and services;
- Providing you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
Preventing and detecting fraud
We may, from time to time, employ the following processes and systems to prevent and detect fraud:
- Share your information across the DAS UK Group with other insurers and, where we are entitled to do so under the Act, the police and other law enforcement or government agencies;
- Pass the details you have supplied to recognised centralised insurance industry applications, policy and claims checking systems; and Check the details you have supplied with fraud prevention agencies and databases including publicly available data (e.g. County Court Judgments, bankruptcy information and electoral roll data).
- If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies.
- Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information.
- We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
- Checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities
- Managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities
- Recovering debt
- Checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance
- Checking details of job applicants and employees.
Please contact us if you want to receive details of the relevant fraud prevention agencies. We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies.
Our obligations to you
We are committed to protecting your information and we will:
- Only collect and use your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so;
- Be transparent in our dealings with you and will tell you about how we will collect and use your information;
- Update our records when you inform us that your details have changed;
- Train our staff on their privacy obligations;
- Only retain information collected about you for as long as required for legitimate business purposes;
- Not ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we are collecting it.
On some occasions it will be necessary to collect sensitive personal data which may be shared with other members of the DAS UK Group and third party service providers.
We will not disclose your sensitive information for any purpose other than the purpose for which it was collected, or a directly related secondary purpose, unless you otherwise consent.
We would like to keep you updated about relevant products and services from the DAS UK Group by email, SMS, post and/or telephone.
If we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes we will only do so with your consent.
If you have already consented and now wish us to stop using your information for this purpose or any other purpose then please email us at email@example.com or contact our Registered Office.
Where we store your personal data
As a global organisation, data we collect may be transferred:
- Internationally throughout the DAS UK Group;
- To companies outside of the DAS UK Group if it is necessary for the performance of an agreement we have with you. This may include disclosing your information to other insurers, reinsurers, regulatory authorities or to our Business Partners or Approved Agents who provide services on our behalf.
Disclosure of your information to a third party outside of the DAS UK Group will only be made where the third party has agreed to keep your personal information strictly confidential and use it only for the specific purpose for which we provide it to them.
We may also disclose your personal information if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers or others.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, stored and processed at a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). By submitting your personal data, you are agreeing to this. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Third Party Site Security
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and external product or service providers. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies. Therefore, you are strongly advised to read your chosen provider's Privacy Notice and satisfy yourself as to the purposes for which the provider will use your personal information before entering into the contract. We have no responsibility for the uses to which a provider puts your personal information.
Accessing your personal information
You are entitled to ask us whether we are processing your personal information and, where relevant, request access to a copy of the information we hold about you.
Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You can exercise this right at any time by contacting The Group Data Protection Officer at our registered office:
The Group Data Protection Officer
DAS Legal Expenses Insurance Company Limited,
We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us as soon as possible. We will investigate and provide you with a prompt response.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend or modify this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changes in applicable data protection, privacy legislation, or any relevant regulatory requirements.
If you have any further questions as to how we use your data or you wish to change the details you have given us then you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any technical difficulties using or viewing this site, please contact us at email@example.com